Read on if your rising 9th grade child would be interested in being a CIT in summer 2024!
Four week minimum commitment.
Our Counselor in Training (CIT) program is designed to be a fundamental and learning rich experience for rising 9th graders to explore what it means to work, embrace responsibility, and receive feedback … in a fun and supportive culture that encourages them to be their best self! Due to the four week minimum commitment of this program, CITs finish their summer with a real sense of how their efforts make a difference at LINX Camps.
Our CIT program is a tuition-based training program and not an employment opportunity. The rate for summer 2024 is $529 per week.
How to Apply
The LINX Camps CIT program for rising 9th graders has a three-step application process:
- Read through the remaining tabs on this page to fully understand the commitment and opportunities
- Submit an application before May 1st
- Interview with our CIT Program Coordinator
Our CIT program begins with a week of training, with experienced staff trainers and experts, and is designed to help teens excel. Then, there is a minimum of three weeks of experience in the field (with a camp group). Teens may add on as many additional field weeks as they would like. A CIT may choose to spend each of their field weeks working in a different camp.
Please note, the four+ weeks of the program do not have to be consecutive, although it is beneficial to immediately follow the training week with a field week to solidify learnings.
- Training weeks offered = June 24th or July 8th
- Field weeks offered = July 1st onward
CITs assist with activities as requested and directed. Our CIT Program Coordinator is responsible for the daily assignments, supervision, and training of all CITs.
- CITs are not responsible for the leadership, direction, or discipline of camper groups.
- CITs are not included in our published staff to camper ratios.
The field options include working with a Junior Camps' group, Rookie group, or Master group in:
- Broadway Theater Camp
- General Camps
- Maker Masters Camp
- SciKids Camp
- Sports Camps
- Swim Program
- Theater Camp
The Future Is Bright
Throughout their weeks and at the end of their experience, CITs will receive feedback on their efforts. The feedback is clear, direct, and encouraging, with the goal of setting a CIT up for success in their future.
It is important for CITs and their families to understand that our CIT program is a professional building block. Many CITs see being a counselor at LINX Camps as their next step, but participation in our CIT program does not guarantee employment at LINX Camps. In fact, less than 25% are hired into a junior-level staff position the following summer — Junior Counselor, Swim Instructor, Office Runner, Division Running, or Operations Runner. Why? The reasons range!
- CIT program feedback indicates a teen needs more leadership training or maturity before taking on more responsibility in camp
- A teen wants to tackle an academic-based program to prepare for post high school plans
- A teen realizes working with kids is not exciting to them
- A teen isn’t ready for the commitment of a job
- A family is not ready to change their summer traditions and/or plans to support the teen’s required work weeks (New LINX Camps staff members are required to work from the second week of July through the end of camp in August.)
Our CIT program is a tuition-based training program and not an employment opportunity. The rate is $529 per week.
For families interested in adding bus or lunch to their CIT's summer, the promotional rates at the time of their application email will be honored.