Four week minimum commitment.
The Counselor in Training (CIT) program is designed for the 'best of the best' ... young adults who are leaders and welcome challenges. CITs must be great with kids, have tons of energy, be willing to work hard, and like to have fun themselves. We are looking for those ready to commit to learning how to be a LINX Camps counselor. The program includes a week of intense leadership training and development for our future counselors and tomorrow's leaders!
CITs choose to work within our General, Sports, or Specialty camps!
Our most successful CITs spend at least one week in Leadership Launch Camp the year before applying to be a CIT or in preparation for being a CIT later in a summer. Leadership Launch does not replace the training week for CITs.
How to Apply
After reading through the information in the additional tabs on this page, if you are interested in applying for the LINX Camps CIT program, please send an email to email@example.com with the answers to the questions below. You can expect a reply from us within two weeks of receiving your email.
- What is your name?
- What grade are you currently in?
- What about the CIT program interests you?
- How will your skills, interests, and experiences, help you as you learn to work with LINX Campers?
- What do you hope to gain from participating in the CIT program?
- In which division would you want to be a CIT?
Future Employment Opportunities
Campers who have completed the CIT program (depending on experience and performance) may be eligible to apply for a staff position at LINX Camps as rising 11th graders. Typically applicants must be entering 12th grade or college to work at LINX Camps.
This is a four week minimum program which begins with a week of training designed to help teens excel, followed by a minimum of three weeks of experience in the field (a camp group). Teens may add on as many additional field weeks as they would like! Our four week CIT program requirement gives growing leaders their first taste of an internship opportunity as they work long enough to see the impact they can make on campers.
- Week One - with certified staff trainers and experts.
- Week Two and beyond - in the field with campers under the supervision of veteran counselors and teachers with additional afternoon training sessions and periods reserved for fun and games.
CITs are not included in our published staff to camper ratios. CITs are not responsible for the leadership, direction or discipline of camper groups. CITs positions are training positions and participants will primarily assist with activities as requested and directed. The CIT Coordinator is responsible for daily assignments, supervision and training of all CITs.
The CIT day consists of:
- Three to four periods (including lunch) working under the direction of a LINX Camps Head Counselor or LINX/LX-trained Specialist. The CITs will assist the lead counselor while training younger campers in the latest coaching techniques or general camp activities
- After lunch, they will have a choice to stay with the group or join other CITs for two optional periods of daily leadership training led by a senior member of the LINX Camps team in which CITs learn about: Being a counselor, taking on leadership roles, handling difficult situations, teamwork, peer meditation, conflict resolution, character development, and team building
CITs are required to do one week of CIT Training prior to any other CIT weeks. They do not have to be consecutive. Field options include:
- All Star Sports
- Flag Football
- General Camp
The rate is $469 per week.