Food with peanuts and tree nuts are not allowed at LINX Camps, to create a safe environment for all campers and staff.
All food provided by LINX Camps is nut free!
All food brought from home by staff and campers is required to be nut free. Soy butter and sunflower butter are allowed. If you pack a lunch containing soy butter or sunflower butter, please label the item(s) so that counselors can easily identify the food.
LINX Camps counselors engage campers in a daily, lunchtime safety check to review all packed lunch items. If a camper has peanuts or tree nuts, or items manufactured in a facility that also processes peanuts or tree nuts, in their lunch, the item will be removed. As appropriate, a substitute item or meal will be provided. Parents will be notified about the incident and a $20.00 fee will be applied to the family's account for the first instance. Any subsequent incidents will result in a $50.00 fee.
Also, please know:
- Counselors are informed as to which campers have allergies, and to which foods (nuts, dairy, eggs, etc.)
- Snack and lunch time are closely supervised.
- Campers are not permitted to share or exchange food.
- We provide a morning snack to all of our campers each day. Should you want to provide an alternative snack for your child it must be nut free.
- Epi-Pens are kept WITH the camper's counselor at all times, and all staff members are trained on how to properly administer an Epi-Pen.
- We employ CPR & First Aid Certified Staff all locations.
- We have full-time, registered nurses on our team for the entire camp season.
We ask that all camp families please respect this safety concern. Thank you for your support and cooperation!