Swimming at LINX Camps & LX Camps
LINX Camps & LX Camps offer a superior swim program for our campers, led by carefully selected Red Cross Certified Lifeguards and Water Safety Instructors. See the chart below for details.
- Our LINX fun-based learning philosophy helps campers have a blast while increasing their comfort-level in the water and developing swim skills.
- For campers getting lessons (see chart aboe) - parents complete an online assessment form to establish initial placements of campers in their swim groups. Then our team of experts assess each campers' skill level and place them in the appropriate groups over time.
- Junior campers may use swim platforms to ensure a safe and appropriate height when in the water.
- Junior camper's lifeguards are in the water with the campers during lessons AND free swim.
- Campers are divided into skill-appropriate swim groups based on their skill level.
- If you want your child to receive lessons and according to the chart above they will not get lessons you can switch to Freedom Camp or choose Extended Day Swim Lessons!
Swimming at our Dana Hall Campus:
Campers enjoy swimming in the 6,500 square foot Aquatics Center at Dana Hall, featuring a 25-yard, six-lane pool for recreational and competitive swimming.
We use LINX safety rated submerged docks for our youngest campers so they can stand during instrcution!
Boys and girls locker rooms are available for changing and storing camper belongings.
YOUNGER CAMPERS SWIM PROGRAM DONE RIGHT!
While our staff is certified and trained to work with all swim levels, they are truly gifted when it comes to working with PeeWees (3 - 5 years) and Minors (K - 1st Grade). Their nurturing approach is comforting to campers who are encouraged to participate and play. Practicing and teaching water safety is the top priority at all times. We maintain one swim instructor for every five swimmers. Additionally, counselors join their campers in the water, or pool side to help maintain an even greater level of supervision. Swim staff remain in the water during lessons and free swim to ensure each campers safety as they always remain alert and within arms reach of their swimmers. We train our counselors to think and care for campers like parents!