LINX Camps Frequently Asked Questions
Q: If I have more than one child registered for camp, do I get to combine their camp weeks for a bigger discount?
- Yes! Your "per week" price for camp is determined by the TOTAL number of weeks your family signs up for camp (ie. 2 children for 4 weeks each = 8 week pricing!).
Q: Can I sign up for a week of camp at the beginning of the summer and a week of camp at the end of the summer?
- Absolutely! You can sign up for any or all weeks of camp. Select the weeks that work best for your family. Please note that LINX Theater Camp and LX Performing Arts Camp with a Theater Major require that you sign up for a 2 week session.
Q: Can I select different programs for my children during the summer?
- Yes! Explore all of our camps including LINX General Camps, LINX Specialty Camps, LINX Sports Camps, LINX Outward Adventures Camps, LX Performing Arts Camps, and LX Sports Camps. Switch between camps from week to week for an adventurous and exciting camp experience.
Q: I want my child to have a well rounded camp experience, but he loves soccer. What do you recommend?
- Campers who choose one of our LINX Specialty Camps or LINX Sports Camps have a traditional summer camp experience with 50% of their day dedicated to the specialty or sport of choice, plus swimming, lunch and other camp-wide activities. This ensures campers a well-rounded experience.
- For campers looking for a more intense sports training experience, explore LX Sports Camps, where campers spend 85% of their day dedicated to sports training.
- For campers looking for a more intense performing arts experience, explore LX Performing Arts Camps, where campers spend 85% of their day dedicated to their Major and Minor areas of study.
Q: What are your ratios at camp and during swimming?
- 1 to 5 ratio (1 to 4 at swimming for 3 and 4 year old campers)
Q: I heard LINX Camps only has one swim period, why is that?
- LINX Camps has studied swim periods very closely and determined that two swim periods a day equals more time changing clothes and less time actually swimming. Each camper receives a true 30 minute Red Cross instructional swim period and the balance of the hour long swim period is for free swim.
Q: Is the pool heated?
- Yes! All pools at both our Dana Hall Campus and our Mass Hort Elm Bank Campus are heated.
Q: Can my little one stand in the pool?
- Yes! At our Dana Hall campus, younger campers swim in the shallow end of the pool and use floating teaching platforms as necessary and beneficial. At our Mass Hort Elm Bank campus we have shallow depth pools that enable our youngest campers to stand comfortably while receiving swim instruction and playing during free swim.
Q: Does my child have to swim?
- No, that's your decision. We will provide alternate activities for children who do not wish to swim.
Q: Do 3 and 4 year olds actually get "free" swim? What if they don't know how to swim?
- Free swim is as heavily guarded as the swim instruction period. Our instructors and lifeguards stay in the water during the entire time the campers are in the water. Campers' counselors are also in the water to ensure safety while additional guards serve as look outs. Our youngest campers are never in the water unattended.
Q: Do you have a Visitor's Day?
- Every day is Visitor's Day! If your child(ren) is/are at camp, you are welcome to come and visit. We ask that you check in at the office, show identification, and then we will take you to your child. Stay as long as you like.
At The LINX Companies, it is our goal to provide you with the most complete, accurate and up-to-date information at all times. If you have a question that was not answered above, please fill out and submit the form below OR call us at 781-235-3210. Thank you!