Counselor In Training Program
LINX offers a limited number of Counselor In Training (CIT) positions for rising 9th and 10th graders during selected weeks of the summer. The CIT Program is designed for the 'best of the best' . . . young adults who are leaders that welcome challenges. CITs must be great with kids, have tons of energy, be willing to work hard and like to have fun.
The day for Counselors In Training consists of:
- Transportation to and from camp from one of our Bus Stops
- Three periods working under the direction of a LINX Head Counselor in one of our junior camp groups
- Lunch and reflection on group experience
- Two periods of daily leadership training led by a senior member of the LINX Camps team in which CITs and LITs learn about being a counselor, taking leadership roles, dealing with difficult situations, teamwork, etc.
- Traditional camp games and activities (i.e. rock climbing, archery, boating and more)
- Optional swim session!
CITs have the option of bringing their own lunch or signing up for the LINX Lunch Box.
Participation in the LINX CIT Program is application-based and invite-only. The cost is $250 per week ($100 deposit required for registration). After March 1st, payment is due in full upon registration.
FUTURE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Campers who have completed the CIT Program (depending on experience and performance) may be eligible to apply for a staff position at LINX Camps as rising 11th graders. Typically applicants must be entering 12th grade or college to work at LINX Camps.
CITs are not included in our published staff to camper ratios. CITs are not responsible for the leadership, direction or discipline of camper groups. CITs positions are training positions and participants will primarily assist with activities as requested and directed. The CIT Coordinator is responsible for daily assignments, supervision and training of all CITs.
Interested candidates must complete the form below. A representative of LINX Camps will contact qualified individuals on a space available basis for a preliminary interview. Candidates are not required to submit or bring a resume to the interview but are required to provide two letters of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor or coach.
- Fill out the form below
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation
- Interview with LINX Camps personnel
- If granted invitation, register online.
We look forward to meeting you!