LINX Camps is a NUT FREE environment. All food provided by LINX Camps is peanut and tree nut free.
NUT FREE POLICY:
- For the safety of campers and staff, all foods provided by LINX Camps is PEANUT FREE and TREE NUT FREE. LINX Camps strives to be a peanut and tree nut free environment at all times. We monitor what foods are brought to camp and with the help of our dilligent staff and cooperating parents, we can achieve a peanut and tree nut free environment. Thank you for your support and cooperation!
- We ask that all camp families please respect this safety concern. Please be certain campers do not come to camp with any foods that "may contain" peanuts or tree nuts or that are "processed in a facility with" peanuts or tree nuts or that have similar labeling. Any such foods will be removed from a camper's lunch. If the item is a major component of the camper's lunch, we will provide the camper with a replacement item or meal. A fee will be charged to your family's account for any food replacements.
- Soy butter and sunflower butter are allowed. If you pack a lunch containing soy butter or sunflower butter, please label the item(s) so that counselors can easily identify the food.
- For other Food Allergy Info pertaining to LINX Lunch Box at Dana Hall, please click here.
- For other Food Allergy Info pertaining to LINX Lunch Box at Mass Hort Elm Bank, please click here.
- Lunch time and snack time are closely supervised. Staff are informed as to which campers have allergies to which foods (nuts, dairy, eggs, etc.) We do provide a snack to all of our campers during the day. Should you want to provide an alternative snack for your child we have a few suggestions of camp-safe snacks.
- Snack Suggestions
- LINX Camps Staff engages campers in a daily lunchtime safety check. All packed lunch items are reviewed with counselors. If a camper is found to have peanuts or tree nuts, or items manufactured in a facility that also processes peanuts or tree nuts, in his or her lunch, the item will be removed. A substitue item or meal will be provided if the problem part of the lunch is a major component of the meal. Parents will be notified about the incident and a $20.00 fee will be applied to the family's account for the first instance. Any subsequent incidents will result in a $50.00 fee.
- Campers are not permitted to share or exchange food.
- Epi-Pens are kept WITH the camper's counselor at all times, and all staff members are trained on how to properly administer an Epi-Pen.
- We employ CPR & First Aid Certified Staff all all locations. Additionally, we have a full-time Registered Nurse on staff for the entire camp season.