The LINX Camps experience at Dana Hall School includes: dining hall facilities, a 450-seat theater, meticulously maintained playing fields, and use of the state-of-the-art Shipley Center.
The Shipley Center
Dedicated in October 2005, the state-of-the-art Shipley Center for Athletics, Health and Wellness is a 93,000 square foot facility dedicated to health and well-being.
Three buildings in one - a health center, an athletic and fitness center and a camper activity center - the facility meets the needs of the entire camp community.
Athletic Business Magazine honored the Shipley Center as one of the top 10 cutting edge buildings in the country, and presented the school with a 2006 Facility of Merit Award.
The facility includes:
- A 21,000 square foot gymnasium with two NCAA regulation-size basketball courts, which can also accommodate volleyball matches
- A three-lane, suspended indoor track
- A 6,589 square foot Aquatics Center, featuring a 25-yard, six-lane pool for recreational and competitive swimming
- A Squash Center comprised of four squash courts, which meet the standards for international competition
- A Fencing Studio equipped with six built-in fencing strips to allow for simultaneous competitions
- A 465-square foot, custom-designed climbing wall, which is 34 feet high and designed for six separate courses - two beginner, two intermediate and two advanced
- A Weight/Fitness room featuring state-of-the-art LifeTime Fitness equipment - treadmills, stationary bicycles, elliptical trainers, and rowing machines - as well as free weights
- A Dance Studio for dance, aerobics, yoga, and other fitness activities
- A Health Center, equipped to support the health needs of all campers
Swimming: LINX Camps offer a superior swim program led by Red Cross Certified Lifeguards and Water Safety Instructors. All campers swim daily in the pool located in the Shipley Center.