LINX Camps has taken learning the common core and MA Frameworks to new heights... of FUN! The outdoors serve as our "classroom" as campers tackle the subject matter to set them up for success in the year ahead. So get ready to run, jump and race your way to an A+ this summer at Math Adventures!
Set-up: One team of 6 on one side of the playing field and one team of 6 on the other side.
How to win:
- On the “GO” command, campers cross over the center line to attempt to retrieve flags from the opposing team’s side (under cones)
- Each flag has a math equation on it
- Once the campers retrieves the flag, they must solve the math problem and record their answer
- If they get the right answer, they get a free walk back to their side
- If they get it wrong, they could be tagged by the opposing team’s “monster” and end up in the jail
- In jail - the campers must solve 3 different math challenges to get back in the game.
The team that retrieves all 6 flags the fastest wins!
At the end of the game, before heading off to the next activity, each camper is handed an iPad and answers the same six questions they just played in the game. Scores are collected and parents notified of results.
Its that easy! Campers have fun and learn best while playing! So get ready to run, sweat and learn this summer at LINX Quest!
- Addition and subtraction within 100
- Work with equal groups of objects to gain foundations for multiplication
- Count within 1000; skip-count by 5s, 10s, and 100s
- Use place value understanding and properties of operations to add and subtract
- Measure and estimate lengths in standard unit
- Multiplication & Division
- Understand properties of multiplication and the relationship between multiplication and division
- Fluently multiply and divide within 100
- Know from memory all products of two one-digit numbers
- Solve two-step word problems using the four operations
- Identify arithmetic patterns
- Round whole numbers to the nearest 10 or 100
- Use the four operations with whole numbers to solve problems
- Multi-Digit whole numbers
- Multi-Digit Arithmetic
- Fraction equivalence and ordering
- Decimals - Understand decimal notation for fractions
- Know relative sizes of measurement units within one system of units
- Draw and identify lines and angles
- Write and interpret numerical expressions
- Understand the place value system (ones, tens, hundreds, thousands)
- Fluently multiply multi-digit whole numbers
- Find whole number quotients of whole numbers with up to four-digit dividends and two-digit divisors
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals to hundredths
- Multiply and divide fractions
- Positive and Negative Integers
- Divide fractions by fractions
- Rational Numbers
- Absolute Value
- Graphing points in all four quadrants of the coordinate plane
- Algebraic Expressions
- Solve problems involving area, surface area, and volume
- Statistical variability
Math Adventures Camp includes three academic periods, a lunch period, swim lessons (including Red Cross Certified swim instruction) including free swim four times a week, and a bonus camp activity period. Come join the fun and keep your math skills sharpened and ready for school year ahead!
*Promotional camp rates (1 week at $669, 2-3 weeks at $654/each, 4-7 weeks at $629/each, 8+ weeks at $604/each) - orig. $669/week
**Busing for only $20 per week when you register for 8 or more weeks, $30 per week when registering for 4-7 weeks, $35 per week when registering for 2-3 weeks, $45 when registering for 1 week (orig. $80/week);
Lunch for only $30 per week when you register for 8 or more weeks, $35 per week when registering for 4-7 weeks, $40 when registering for 2-3 weeks and $45 for registering for 1 week (orig. $65/week)
Click the + to add to your cart...
|Math Adventure Camp Rookie (Rising 2nd Grader)||DH
|Math Adventure Camp Rookie (Rising 3rd Grader)||
|Math Adventure Camp Master (Rising 4th Grader)||
|Math Adventure Camp Master (Rising 5th Grader)||
|Math Adventure Camp Legend (Rising 6th Grader)||
DH - Dana Hall (LINX Camps is headquartered at Dana Hall between 6/25 and 8/17)
CC - Boston College Connors Center (Swim is substituted by water games at The Connors Center before 6/25 and after 8/17)
LI - LINX on Linden Street
RG - Regis College